Invalid class string

shyPotter

Hi all,

I am having error on my XP machine while on 2003 it works

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/index.asp, line 19

@ Line 19

set Session("items") = server.CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")

Can any one help please. Which dll to register.

Regards,

Anthony Jones

shyPotter said:
Hi all,

I am having error on my XP machine while on 2003 it works

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/index.asp, line 19

@ Line 19

set Session("items") = server.CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")

Can any one help please. Which dll to register.

First open notepad and paste this into it:-

Set o = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
MsgBox "Seems to work here"

Save to desktop as Test.vbs.

Double click the Test.vbs file.

If you get the same error search your windows/system32 folder for scrrun.dll
and register it. Try again. If that fails then its possible that an over
protective Anti-virus app is blocking it.

If it all works fine from the VBS but you ASP page still fails then in IIS
manager find your page and open its properties. On the file security tab
turn of anonymous access and turn on Windows integrated.

In IE make sure IE recognises your site as being in the intranet zone (this
would normally be true if you using your machine name or "localhost" as the
server name in the url).

Does it work now?

shyPotter

Thanks Anthony ,

I tried all these .VBS works but no solution, I tried what you said in this.
I searched on net as well found few soloution but non still helpfull. dll is
registred I changed registry values from Aprtment to Both and Both to
Aprtment and each time I restarted the machine.

I am running Windows Live OneCare I have stopped that as well but still no
luck.

Regards,

Anthony Jones

shyPotter said:
Thanks Anthony ,

I tried all these .VBS works but no solution, I tried what you said in this.
I searched on net as well found few soloution but non still helpfull. dll is
registred I changed registry values from Aprtment to Both and Both to
Aprtment and each time I restarted the machine.

I am running Windows Live OneCare I have stopped that as well but still no
luck.

You tried turning off anonymous access for the page?

Try a different DLL for example try CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") does
that fail?