IP location appears on the page

FrederickRiley

Hi,

I am trying to create a web page where the person browsing my web page
will have their server location of there IP appears on the page. For
example a person's server, whereever it may be say, Springfield PA
will see the word
"Springfield" whereas someone browsing the same page and there server
is in from Newark NJ
will see the word "Newark" instead.

I have my reasons for this and I realize the pitfalls such as proxies
ect, but It does not need to be perfect and I seen this featureon
other web sites, ps this is NOT my expertise

Any help would be appreciated.
Carol Riley

rf

Hi,

I am trying to create a web page where the person browsing my web page
will have their server location of there IP appears on the page. For
example a person's server, whereever it may be say, Springfield PA
will see the word
"Springfield" whereas someone browsing the same page and there server
is in from Newark NJ
will see the word "Newark" instead.

I have my reasons for this and I realize the pitfalls such as proxies
ect, but It does not need to be perfect and I seen this featureon
other web sites, ps this is NOT my expertise

You don't *like* the answers you are getting over at alt.html?

The Natural Philosopher

Hi,

I am trying to create a web page where the person browsing my web page
will have their server location of there IP appears on the page. For
example a person's server, whereever it may be say, Springfield PA
will see the word
"Springfield" whereas someone browsing the same page and there server
is in from Newark NJ
will see the word "Newark" instead.

I have my reasons for this and I realize the pitfalls such as proxies
ect, but It does not need to be perfect and I seen this featureon
other web sites, ps this is NOT my expertise

Any help would be appreciated.
Carol Riley

My address is apparently in a town some 60miles from where I live.

The marvels of ATM termination.

Don't waste your time. Its relatively meaningless.