Is ATLAS a plug-in of server side controls?

Guest

Hi,
I'm starting studying ATLAS.
First thing that I'm concerned about is if the ATLAS controls are a
pluggable options for server side controls..
What I wonder is if the case ATLAS extension are turned off and the site
continue to work server side only or the site logic is blocked.

This is particular important in accessible scenarios or when the user
disables javascript in the browser.

Thanks in advance for any clarification

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

I'm starting studying ATLAS.
First thing that I'm concerned about is if the ATLAS controls are a
pluggable options for server side controls..
What I wonder is if the case ATLAS extension are turned off and the site
continue to work server side only or the site logic is blocked.

This is particular important in accessible scenarios or when the user
disables javascript in the browser.

Atlas framework intercepts all trips to server-side and vice-versa.
Yes... if javascript is disabled, nothing works.

I don't really know what you mean when you are "ATLAS extension are turned
off"...

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Carlo,

Adding Asp.net AJAX support to existing web application is not as easy as
to reference some assemblies and modify the web.config, it will need to
modify existing WebForm and place some additional controls or wrapping
existing controls in UpdatePanel to make them work asynchronously. There's
also no simple way to turn it off by tweaking web.config.

However, for controls wrapped in UpdatePanel, they should still work when
JavaScript is disabled in client browser, only a normal postback will be
issued.

AJAX is not silver bullet, mostly they are used to improve user experience
instead of replacing functionality.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Carlo,

Let me know if there's anything else I can help.

/Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Guest

Hi Walter,
no.
I hoped that ATLAS was more a 'pluging', but maybe the behavior of the
server side component are two much different from the client side one!.

Ciao

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes indeed the client side behavior is very different from the server side
components.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support