Is it possible to create "network conneciton" on windows system?

Evan

Hello,

one of my PC is window system, and in "control panel -> Network
Connections", I can see some network connections such as PPPOE or VPN
which I created by click "create a new connection".

My question is, is it possible to create a new connection by using
Python script? which means I do not want to use Window UI (via
"control panel"), if it is possible, I can save so many time to
create various network connection when I want to do testing in the
lab.

Thanks very much.
Evan

Evan

It is very likely that it is possible to do this. Most control panel
applications store the results of their GUI setup in the registry. If you can
determine what registry keys have been added/changed. Here is an open source
registry compare utility that might help:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot

You can then use the _winreg module to make such changes on a new machine.

HTH,
Larry

Thanks Larry,

The thing is, if I change the registry, I have to reboot the PC for
applying new configuration of system. Any idea to apply the changing
without reboot after modify registry?

Thanks,