Is there a person who is managing this newsgroup?

Greg P.

If so please address the topic I posted a few days ago with the title:
ItemStyle.Width doens't adjust the size of a column?

Steve Dybing [MSFT]

Is anyone managing these newsgroups? Well, that's mostly no but a yes for
MSDN subscribers. In general, these newsgroups as simply community spaces
where you can discuss problems with other users. Answers are not guaranteed
to be correct, nor is there even any promise that you will get an answer,
but there are many folks out here volunteering their time and expertise to
help others. On the other hand, if you are an MSDN subscriber and posted
using the Display E-mail address listed in your MSDN profile, MSDN promises
that you'll get an answer within 1 business day. The answer might not
necessarily be from Microsoft, but there is a team monitoring the managed
newsgroups and if the answer isn't correct, they'll step in. There are
around 230 MSDN Managed Newsgroups and this is one of them. I believe that
the list is available at
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx.

So I guess my questions to you are, are you an MSDN subscriber and did you
post that message a few days ago using the Display E-mail address in your
MSDN profile? And I'm sorry, but I'm not on that MSDN team and don't have
the tool they use to determine whether or not a post comes from an MSDN
subscriber.

Greg P.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the note and yes I am an MSDN subscriber. I believe I had posted
the question in the correct manner and it had been on the third day that I
was wondering if I anyone had some ideas with my issue. I do know that there
are a lot of great people who help out and answer questions when they have
time and I do the same when I have some time.

Thanks again,
Greg

Steve Dybing [MSFT]

Greg, What I'm hearing is that your original message isn't appearing in the
tool that the MSDN team uses to monitor these newsgroups. That would
certainly explain why you didn't get a response, but doesn't say good things
about the tool, unfortunately. Would it be possible for you to repost it
using the alias in your MSDN profile? If you'll do so, I'll point them
directly at it.

--
Sincerely,
Steve Dybing

Matt Adamson

I'm also an MSDN subscriber so what exactly do I need to do to get a quicker
response?

Steve Dybing [MSFT]

A quicker response than what? If you post a question to an MSDN Managed
Newsgroup using the registered anti-spam alias in your MSDN Profile (for
MSDN Subscribers only!), you will get a response either from the community
or from Microsoft within 1 business day. If someone from the community
answers it, nobody from Microsoft is going to come along to say anything
like "yeah, what she said...". The instructions for configuring your
newsreader are located here:
click on Configure, right below the Managed Newsgroups link, and read/follow
the instructions carefully.

Greg didn't follow the instructions because (e-mail address removed)
is not one of the acceptable aliases. Greg, when you go back to repost your
question, make sure you follow the instructions carefully or they won't
respond to the new post either.

--
Sincerely,
Steve Dybing