Is There a way to design forms quickly in java?

lucianodebarros

I'm new to java and I'm having problems in designing forms with the
layout manager, I'm looking for a way to design forms quickly.Can you
help me?Thank you...

Oliver Wong

lucianodebarros said:
I'm new to java and I'm having problems in designing forms with the
layout manager, I'm looking for a way to design forms quickly.Can you
help me?Thank you...

Quickly? No.

Read through http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/ so that
you can understand what's going on under the hood, and either code your GUIs
manually, or look into WYSIWYG tools to accelerate the process. But you do
need to understand how Swing and Layout Managers work to actually use the
tools effectively; there's no short-cutting that process.

- Oliver

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marcin_Jask=F3lski?=

lucianodebarros said:
I'm new to java and I'm having problems in designing forms with the
layout manager, I'm looking for a way to design forms quickly.Can you
help me?Thank you...

Have a look at the latest Netbeans. I like their GUI editor.

John O'Conner

lucianodebarros said:
I'm new to java and I'm having problems in designing forms with the
layout manager, I'm looking for a way to design forms quickly.Can you
help me?Thank you...

NetBeans 5 has a new layout manager called Matisse. It is easy for
simple forms...really easy. Might be worth a try.

Don't like NetBeans...fine. You'll need to use some IDE to make form
creation easy...easy to me means that I don't have to manually deal with
GridbagLayout settings and can do everything graphically. Other IDEs
with GUI layout tools include Eclipse, JBuilder, IntelliJ. Try the free
solutions first, then pay for something if you have to.

Regards,
John O'Conner