  1. yuesefa

    yuesefa Guest

    i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    yuesefa, Oct 1, 2006

  2. yuesefa

    Cong Wang Guest

    As far as I know, writing a small C interpreter with Bash is NOT a hard
    work. ;-p

    Cong Wang, Oct 1, 2006

  3. yuesefa

    clayne Guest

    gcc

    clayne, Oct 1, 2006
  4. yuesefa

    backasswards Guest

    I was going to say that :)

    backasswards, Oct 1, 2006
  5. yuesefa said:
    http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html

    I was going to tell you about EiC but I couldn't find it anywhere!

    Richard Heathfield, Oct 1, 2006
  6. TCC (for Tiny C Compiler) is a small, fast, unlimited and safe ANSI C
    compiler. It generates optimized x86 code, and can compile, assemble,
    and link several times faster than 'gcc -O0'. Any C dynamic library
    can be used directly. It includes an optional memory and bounds
    checker, and bounds-checked code can be mixed freely with standard
    code. C script is also supported via the usual hash-bang mechanism.
    .

    Espen Myrland, Oct 1, 2006
  7. yuesefa

    steve Guest

    steve, Oct 1, 2006
  8. yuesefa

    jmcgill Guest

    But it's not an interpreter?

    jmcgill, Oct 1, 2006

  9. Frogot to provide a link to the project pages:
    http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

    You can invoce it as an interpreter in a posix compatible system with a
    shebang line like ie feks:

    #!/usr/bin/tcc

    Really funny little devil.

    Espen Myrland, Oct 1, 2006
  10. Okay, so why is tcc reinventing the wheel here rather than just helping the
    gcc project in the first place - possibly with a small-gcc branch, etc.? I
    see the need for ultra small compilation packages - but not for another
    opensource compiler, currently.

    Christopher Layne, Oct 1, 2006
  11. yuesefa

    Michael Mair Guest

    I do not know about the specific reasons of the tcc makers but
    maybe they just _wanted_ to start from scratch or they did not
    want to have a monopoly of open source compilers or they did not
    like the nose of someone at the gcc project or wanted to reserve
    the right to change the license at some point in the future or...

    As far as I am concerned, they are welcome to their own compiler
    and I am happy to know its out there and free :)

    Cheers
    Michael

    Michael Mair, Oct 1, 2006
  12. tcc has different goals than gcc.
    And perhaps the author just thinks it's a fun project to do ?

    It's not interpreter btw. For a C interpreter, search for
    Cint or Ch.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Nils_O=2E_Sel=E5sdal=22?=, Oct 2, 2006
  13. yuesefa

    riedel Guest

    CINT is developed by Masaharu Goto

    considered Harmful - not!