=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Diff=E9rence_when_load_a_html_page_be?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?tween_Mozilla_and_IE?=

Franck DARRAS

Hello,

I developp a web application and i have a problem with old PC and old
processor.

When I load a html page on IE, i obtain a blank page, it's the time for
the IE navigator to load this page (reload all contents of the page).
But in mozilla or opera, I don't have this problem, just reload the new
value.

Do you know a solution, some parameters "meta" to configure.

If you want more information, contact me

Tks for your help

Franck

Els

Franck said:
Hello,

I developp a web application and i have a problem with old
PC and old processor.

When I load a html page on IE, i obtain a blank page, it's
the time for the IE navigator to load this page (reload all
contents of the page). But in mozilla or opera, I don't
have this problem, just reload the new value.

Do you know a solution, some parameters "meta" to
configure.

If you want more information, contact me

No, you just stay in the group to hear the answers.
First answer is a question: can you give a url?

PeterMcC

Franck DARRAS wrote in
Hello,

I developp a web application and i have a problem with old PC and old
processor.

When I load a html page on IE, i obtain a blank page, it's the time
for the IE navigator to load this page (reload all contents of the
page). But in mozilla or opera, I don't have this problem, just
reload the new value.

Do you know a solution, some parameters "meta" to configure.

I'm picking my way through a bit of a fog here but do you mean that IE
always gets the data from the server whilst Mozilla or Opera read it from
the local cache?

If that's the problem, the solution is:

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet files > Settings. Select
either "Automatic" or "Never", In the short term. "never" should mean that
the browser always gets the page from the local cache though you might want
to go to "Automatic" for general browsing.

Franck DARRAS

Els said:
Franck DARRAS wrote:

I can see all of it in both IE and Firefird.
I think maybe you are talking about what Peter McC said in his
post.

It's not only a probelm of cache in the navigator.

It's also a problem when the navigator load a HTML page, In Mozilla, the
page is display to the user when Mozilla finish to load the web page.
Mozilla change only the differences between the two pages

IE display to the user the evolution of the HTML page. IE reload all of
the pages.

Franck

Els

Franck said:
It's not only a probelm of cache in the navigator.

It's also a problem when the navigator load a HTML page, In
Mozilla, the page is display to the user when Mozilla
finish to load the web page. Mozilla change only the
differences between the two pages

IE display to the user the evolution of the HTML page. IE
reload all of the pages.

Not my IE...

But what is the problem: you don't want it to reload, or you
do? In other words, which behaviour do you prefer, Mozilla, or
IE?

Els

SpaceGirl said:
Is that what they're calling it this week? :D

LOL, no, typo is the word :)

Happens when you're surfing with Firefox and Firebird at the
same time and you change your mind at the last minute ;-)

Franck DARRAS

Els said:
Franck DARRAS wrote:

Not my IE...

But what is the problem: you don't want it to reload, or you
do? In other words, which behaviour do you prefer, Mozilla, or
IE?

I prefer the behaviour of Mozilla but 90% of navigator is IE5 and IE6

In a form, when the users validate an information to see the more
details of this information, i reload the same page and I add some text.
With IE, the users see a blank page and the re-generated page. With
Mozilla, only label and field are chnaged for the users.

If the users work all day in this form, it's 1/2 second lost, and
flashes in the eyes

Franck

rf

Franck DARRAS wrote:

[IE's rendering]
In a form, when the users validate an information to see the more
details of this information, i reload the same page and I add some text.
With IE, the users see a blank page and the re-generated page. With
Mozilla, only label and field are chnaged for the users.

If the users work all day in this form, it's 1/2 second lost, and
flashes in the eyes

As I have implied elsewhere: so what?

IE users are used to seeing this. IE clears the canvas before it renders a
new page. Mozilla does not. The 1/2 second is still there, you just don't
see it.

However the only example you have provided is, by your admission, not your
web page. To see any real example of your problem, one that we may be able
to help you fix, you must provide a URL to *your* page, not somebody else's.

Jim Higson

I prefer the behaviour of Mozilla but 90% of navigator is IE5 and IE6

C'est la vie!

Most sites I make look better in Moz than IE. But most visitors use IE and
there's not much I can do about it.

IE is just not very good in this respect, and no combination of HTML can
make it display like the Mozilla renderer.

For the moment I just try to send better content to better browsers and
support IE as far as it will go.
In a form, when the users validate an information to see the more
details of this information, i reload the same page and I add some text.
With IE, the users see a blank page and the re-generated page. With
Mozilla, only label and field are chnaged for the users.

If the users work all day in this form, it's 1/2 second lost, and
flashes in the eyes

This might be helped somewhat by setting a background color for the body, at
least then the flashes might be some other colour.