    Is there any "do not do" that we have to be careful if we want to
    implement with Tomcat + Apache + AQL Server?
    Many thanks,

    JScoobyCed, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Hi JScoobyCed,
    I have worked with JasperReports (and iReports) using Tomcat and it
    worked fine!

    On the other hand, I prefer directly using iText meanwhile, which is
    much more flexible (JasperReports is based on iText).

    Ciao,
    Ingo

    Ingo R. Homann, Mar 21, 2006

  3. JScoobyCed

    JScoobyCed Guest

    Thanks for the info. We are actually going to generate tables of data
    (Excel like stuff, but with the option to save as PDF). If Jasper does
    the trick it will save us time. But for basic pages, I agree on using
    iText directly (which is the API that made us discover Jasper :) ).

    JScoobyCed, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Hi,
    I think, it is a good choice, then!
    Interesting - I think, the opposite is true: I think, for simple, basic
    Documents (e.g. a simple Table with some headers), JasperReports is
    perfect - but when you want to do "advanced" things (nested tables, much
    texts, variable number of columns, ...), I think, iText is more flexible
    and more comfortable.

    Ciao,
    Ingo

    Ingo R. Homann, Mar 21, 2006
  5. JScoobyCed

    JScoobyCed Guest

    In our case, "basic things" are labels and stickers. Take an A4 format
    paper with 8x4 stickers, 5mm border on the top and bottom. We have
    triied to do it in HTML (CSS and tables...). That was a nightmare, as
    every client had different page format settings and browsers. We had to
    adjust the borders, cellspacing, paper format... for each and very
    client. Or if they purchased a new printer, we needed to adjust again.
    With a PDF (or RTF or XLS) document, we are sure we will have to write
    the code once.

    Cheers,

    JScoobyCed, Mar 22, 2006
  6. JScoobyCed

    Byapti

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Byapti, Aug 8, 2007
  7. JScoobyCed

    rohani

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Following is link to the JasperReports book by Packt that is a complet step by step guide to create report using Jasper reports named JasperReports 3.6 Development Cookbook.

    packtpub.com/jasperreports-3-5-2-development-cookbook/book

    One chapter of the book is available for free download. This chapter demonstrates how to work with complex mathematical expressions. You can download the chapter from the following URL.

    packtpub.com/sites/default/files/downloads/0769os-chapter-9.zip

    You may check out the complete Table of Contents from following link:

    packtpub.com/toc/jasperreports-36-development-cookbook-table-contents

    rohani, Jul 30, 2010