Java EE 6 Update Tool cannot do update

narke

Hi,

Who is using Java EE 6 SDK, the version is 6u1-windows-ml. I met
problem with its Update Tool (version 2.3.2). When I clicked the
'Available Updates' in the tool, and then checked the 'Java EE Tutorial'
followed by pressing the 'Install' button, it began downloading and the
progress bar pops up. It run and run and run, each time when the
progress bar reached the 100%, it started again and never end!

Can anyone please help me? Thanks in advance.

gwoodhouse

Hi,

Who is using Java EE 6 SDK, the version is 6u1-windows-ml.  I met
problem with its Update Tool (version 2.3.2).  When I clicked the
'Available Updates' in the tool, and then checked the 'Java EE Tutorial'
followed by pressing the 'Install' button, it began downloading and the
progress bar pops up.  It run and run and run, each time when the
progress bar reached the 100%, it started again and never end!

Can anyone please help me?  Thanks in advance.

   -- Schopenhauer

narke

You may be behind a proxy which is stopping the connection. I've had
instances where something will "Download" from the pc and when it
needs to get the vital peice of information it connects to the web to
get it and fails. In which case check your proxy settings in IE (which
is where alot of system utilities grab proxy info from).

Or more likley you could have a currupt install of java. Try
uninstalling your jre/jdk and reinstalling it from the latest install
from oracles site.

Graeme