Java, Javascript, Google Maps API

sb5309

1. Is it correct that different web browser provides its own
javascript intepreter ?

2. In the case of Google Maps APIs, I am wondering how the javascript
intepreter interacts with the DLL/DSO files on google server over the
net. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

3. How to go about developing my own APIs and make them available
onver the net (assume that I have some map data that can be used
together with Google maps) ?

4. For my own API, which language is more suitable: Java, C/C++ ?

Thanks.