JAVA on PDA

gp79

Hi all...

I'm an informatics student.
I've a problem...

I nedd to have, in a PDA browser, the real time GPS co-ordinates.
I planned to usa a java applet but...
Is there a free JVM for every kind of PDA,SO etc...?????

otherwise, in wich way can I realize this????
coul you help me????
thanks!!!!

gp

Rhino

gp79 said:
Hi all...

I'm an informatics student.
I've a problem...

I nedd to have, in a PDA browser, the real time GPS co-ordinates.
I planned to usa a java applet but...
Is there a free JVM for every kind of PDA,SO etc...?????

otherwise, in wich way can I realize this????
coul you help me????
thanks!!!!
That's a very interesting question. I don't know the answer but I thought
I'd try a bit of research to get you pointed in the right direction so I
googled on this search term: J2ME GPS. I got lots of hits, including this
one http://www.sys-con.com/story/?storyid=36895&DE=1 which answers at least
some of your questions.

I suggest you have a look at this article and move on to the other hits if
it doesn't answer your questions. This will be a much more comprehensive
answer than you are likely to get on the newsgroup.

Good luck!

Rhino