    they came to a stop. He wasn't looking forward to actually being in a
    combat landing.

    Have you see this video?

    Knute Johnson, Jun 9, 2014

  2. Roedy Green

    markspace Guest

    markspace, Jun 9, 2014

  3. Roedy Green

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 9, 2014
  4. When I was towing gliders at El Mirage in the middle 70s, there were
    stories of guys that had soared CG4As. I never met any of them but it
    hadn't been that long after the war then. A couple of years later when
    I was a powered airplane flight instructor, we regularly had students
    that were WWII military pilots that were taking up flying again after 30
    years. Sometimes they were awful and we had to tell some of them to go
    back to golf.

    Great ridge. I've only ridge soared once and that was in Hawaii at
    Dillingham. That was 30 years ago too.

    Knute Johnson, Jun 9, 2014