JAVA Program Code For Experimentation

MFO

Hello to All,

i'm postgraduate student from Malaysia, on the stage developing a
change impact analysis tool.

I'm looking for java program code or anybody would volunteer to give
me their code or anybody who know where to get the code as study case
for me to do the analysis of the change impact using my tool.

i need the older/ previous/ original version of their java code and
the new version with a few modification to that code.

I just need an intermediate level java program with simple GUI and 20
to 50 function... not too complex coz it will take time for me to
analyze,,, my tool just semi auto, it will trace automatically but the
analysis need to do it manually... the target of development this tool
is as help tool in regression test.

anyway do contact me
(e-mail address removed)

TQ

John B. Matthews

Mark Space said:
I'm pretty sure Source Forge has CVS access to all projects. You can
get all versions of a large number of projects there. Just search for
Java to find suitable projects.

<http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=java>

This seems like an excellent source for serial revisions. I would add
that SourceForge offers either CVS or SVN, but not both. You have to
turn off the one you're not using, but some projects show both. If one
appears empty, try the other. Of course a few projects just have a
snapshot, too.

With SVN, a common approach is to mark releases in a tags directory. As
an example, here's the command to checkout the half-dozen release
versions of a small game (~2K SLOC):

svn co https://robotchase.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/robotchase/tags
<destination directory>

Roedy Green

I just need an intermediate level java program with simple GUI and 20
to 50 function... not too complex coz it will take time for me to
analyze,,, my tool just semi auto, it will trace automatically but the
analysis need to do it manually... the target of development this tool
is as help tool in regression test.

you are free to use any of the packages on my site. See
http://mindprod.com/products1.html
They come with source.

Ones that might best fit your requirements:

Vercheck and Replicator.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

John B. Matthews

Roedy Green said:
[...]
i need the older/ previous/ original version of their java code and
the new version with a few modification to that code.

I just need an intermediate level java program with simple GUI and 20
to 50 function... not too complex coz it will take time for me to
analyze,,, my tool just semi auto, it will trace automatically but the
analysis need to do it manually... the target of development this tool
is as help tool in regression test.

you are free to use any of the packages on my site. See
http://mindprod.com/products1.html
They come with source.

Ones that might best fit your requirements:

Vercheck and Replicator.

Um, the OP mentioned needing serial revisions for comparison.

Roedy Green

Um, the OP mentioned needing serial revisions for comparison.

On my todo list, set up a public subversion server.