JavaFX for RIA

carmelo

Hi everybody,
I'm working to develop a Rich Internet Application, on which I need to
display data read from a database source. I need to easily drag and
drop components on the web page, in a RAD way, so that I can focus on
the "real" problem and not about the GUI development...
I thought that JSF and IceFaces could help me about that. But now I'm
reading about JavaFX, as a new RIA framework...

What do you think about it?
Can it help me about my purpose, or is it only a way to make "Flash"
like apps?

Thank you very much in advance for your help
Cheers
Carmelo

Ad

Arne Vajhøj

carmelo said:
I'm working to develop a Rich Internet Application, on which I need to
display data read from a database source. I need to easily drag and
drop components on the web page, in a RAD way, so that I can focus on
the "real" problem and not about the GUI development...
I thought that JSF and IceFaces could help me about that. But now I'm
reading about JavaFX, as a new RIA framework...

What do you think about it?
Can it help me about my purpose, or is it only a way to make "Flash"
like apps?

JavaFX is a competitor to Flex and Silverlight.

It is a real app embedded in a web page.

But taking AJAX to the extreme is very close to that
as well.

Arne

Top