JDK 1.6.0_03 is out

Andrew Thompson

Roedy said:
JDK 1.6.0_03 is out.

Do you know when it becomes available for auto-dl?

I have a little example of the JNLP ExtensionInstallerService*
that showed a known bug in 1.6.0_02, so it specifies _03+ **
with a download URL for the JRE***. But it is still failing,
unable to locate the _03 version.

* <http://www.physci.org/jws/#eis>

** <http://www.physci.org/jws/application-un.jnlp>

***
<j2se
version='1.6.0_03+'
href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />

Small aside - these pages at time of viewing, both
still refer to _02 as being the latest and greatest Java.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Roedy Green

Do you know when it becomes available for auto-dl?

sorry no. I have yet to see auto-dl ever work, either via JNLP or the
Java control panel.

Also JDK/JREs are out for 1.4.2_16 and 1.5.0_13

Andrew Thompson

Roedy said:
sorry no. I have yet to see auto-dl ever work, either via JNLP or the
Java control panel.

Never tried via. the JCP or JNLP* myself. Though I
have seen it work successfully for 'auto update' via
the 'Check for Updates' mechanism.

* I am waiting to hopefully see it work for JNLP -
getting 1.6.0_03 via that JNLP mentioned up-thread.
Also JDK/JREs are out for 1.4.2_16 and 1.5.0_13

Cool. Thanks for the update.