jdk 1.7.0_13 is out

Roedy Green

jdk 1.7.0_13 is out. There was no version 1.7.0_12

release note say there are 50! security fixes.

Also updates Timezone data. I heard that Olsen was in legal trouble
with some astrology company claiming exclusive right to tz data. I
gather Oracle must have helped him get them off his back.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Arne Vajhøj

Also updates Timezone data. I heard that Olsen was in legal trouble
with some astrology company claiming exclusive right to tz data. I
gather Oracle must have helped him get them off his back.

That issue was running September 2011 - February 2012. It never went
to trial. Oracle was not involved (no reason for them as the database
is not Java specific).

Its only recent relevance and Java relevance is that somebody
posted the story to cljp with a link to page with misinformation
about the case.

That page http://mindprod.com/jgloss/timezone.html has still
not been corrected.

Which can be considered a tiny scandal in itself.

But there is no problem with the Olson TZ DB.

Arne

Roedy Green

Sanity prevails. Properly Astrolabe should compensate Olson for
jerking him around. I very much enjoyed reading that story. I was
worried they might screw up Java TimeZones.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Arne Vajhøj

Sanity prevails. Properly Astrolabe should compensate Olson for
jerking him around. I very much enjoyed reading that story. I was
worried they might screw up Java TimeZones.

Note that Fredrik Jonsson posted the exact same link
here February 23rd 2012.

Arne