JRE Problem After Installing .NET Framework

Dogan SOYKAN

Dear all,

I just installed .NET Framework 1.1 on a machine that has JRE 1.4.2
installed. After installing .NET Framework, my java programs stopped
working. They have no reaction when I double-click on them or try to
start them in a command prompt. My .NET programs are working well.

There was no changing after I uninstalled .NET Framework and
re-installed JRE.

Then I installed JRE 1.3 and my java programs started working. But I
should install .NET Framework again because I have some other programs
that need .NET Framework.

Anybody encountering the same problem?
Do you have a solution for this problem?

Best Regards,
Dogan SOYKAN

Paul Lutus

Dogan said:
Dear all,

I just installed .NET Framework 1.1 on a machine that has JRE 1.4.2
installed. After installing .NET Framework, my java programs stopped
working. They have no reaction when I double-click on them or try to
start them in a command prompt. My .NET programs are working well.

There was no changing after I uninstalled .NET Framework and
re-installed JRE.

Then I installed JRE 1.3 and my java programs started working. But I
should install .NET Framework again because I have some other programs
that need .NET Framework.

Anybody encountering the same problem?
Do you have a solution for this problem?

There is a solution to this problem Never install anything from Microsoft.
This may not be practical for you, but it works. As far as Microsoft is
concerned, there is only Microsoft, there is nothing else. If another
program has possession of a file association, it must be a criminal, and
interloper -- it cannot be a legitimate application. If it were, it would
have been written by Microsoft. So,. since this is not true, it's OK to
hijack the association.