    SrferDave Guest

    What significant differences are there between jsp and jspx? The only
    one that i know of is that jsp is html based and jspx is xml based.

    SrferDave, Aug 27, 2007

  2. jspx extension indicates that the page is a well formed XML. This is
    meaningful for the 2.4 Servlet Spec. A jspx page is also refered to as
    a JSP Document, vs. a jsp which is a page. Another extension in the
    mix is jspf, which is basically a JSP fragment that you can include in
    the pages/documents.

    Google around for more information on how to use these extensions, and
    how they fit in the web.xml.

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Aug 27, 2007

  3. SrferDave

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    I believe the difference is that you have to use well-formed XML in
    the jspx, where in jsp, you can do things like <a href="<c:eek:ut value="$
    {url}" escapeXml="true"/>" title="stuff">link</a>

    I could be wrong though, I only read about jspx, and that was quite a
    while ago.

    Daniel Pitts, Aug 27, 2007