Keystroke Navigation

John

We have an interesting programming problem and I wonder if anyone
would know how to accomplish this, or be able to point me in the right
direction

I have a list of 100 items, in this case it's names and numbers.
The entire list is written to one data grid, or table in an ASPX page
As having to scroll through that list is already inefficient, and more
names will be added, I need to find an elegant solution that will let
me get to the items I want, quickly.
I would like to be able to:
Hit a key (such as "R")
Go directly to the items that begin with R
Then hit a "B"
And be able to go to those names that begin with B

I have to believe there is some way to do this. Some kind of
indexing? Some kind of Javascript even that will get the keystroke
and allow that kind of navigation?

Anyone who can help would get major Karma points!

John

Riki

John said:
[...]

Maybe what you want is a letterpager: