Keyzcar - cryptographic toolkit

Kless

Google has released Keyzcar [1], an open source cryptographic toolkit
designed to make it easier and safer for developers to use
cryptography in their applications. Keyczar supports authentication
and encryption with both symmetric and asymmetric keys.

By now there are Java and Python implementations (C++ coming soon).

[1] http://www.keyczar.org/

Kless

Google has released Keyzcar [1], an open source cryptographic toolkit
designed to make it easier and safer for developers to use
cryptography in their applications.Keyczarsupports authentication
and encryption with both symmetric and asymmetric keys.

By now there are Java and Python implementations (C++ coming soon).

[1]http://www.keyczar.org/

It is not really necessary to create a Ruby implementation thanks to
JRuby [1], which lets to call Java from JRuby [2].

I have created Keyczar4r [3], an example which to let access to the
Java version. It has been a great experience to knowing that both Ruby
and Java mix as the charm.

[1] http://jruby.codehaus.org/
[2] http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/Calling_Java_from_JRuby
[3] http://github.com/kless/keyczar4r/tree/master/lib/keyczar.rb

Ben Bleything

It is not really necessary to create a Ruby implementation thanks to
JRuby [1], which lets to call Java from JRuby [2].

Sure it is. I'm not using JRuby. What do I do?

Ben

Florian Gilcher

It is not really necessary to create a Ruby implementation thanks to
JRuby [1], which lets to call Java from JRuby [2].

Sure it is. I'm not using JRuby. What do I do?

Ben

Wait for the C implementation.

Regards,
Florian

Kless

A great use of JRuby would be to access to libraries that in Ruby
would be too slow. I speak about programs related with a great
computational cost as audio, image, video, crypto., etc.

Of course that it isn't necessary to use JRuby for all your code. You
could have a class in JRuby that access to Java and the rest of your
code in Ruby.