kivy

bharath

i installed python 2.7 before and installed suitable kivy.. i have also included the .bat file in the send to option.. but my programs are not at all runnning and giving me error when i run it normally or with the .bat file..it says that there's no module named kivy when i import it.. please help im just frustrated after writing a long code and seeing that it isn't working.. if anyone has suggestions on how to develop android 2d games with python their reply would be greatly appreciated. thank you

MRAB

i installed python 2.7 before and installed suitable kivy.. i have
also included the .bat file in the send to option.. but my programs
are not at all runnning and giving me error when i run it normally or
with the .bat file.. it says that there's no module named kivy when i
import it.. please help im just frustrated after writing a long code
and seeing that it isn't working.. if anyone has suggestions on how
to develop android 2d games with python their reply would be greatly
appreciated. thank you
Is kivy listed in the Python search paths (sys.path)?

Gary Herron

i installed python 2.7 before and installed suitable kivy.. i have also included the .bat file in the send to option.. but my programs are not at all runnning and giving me error when i run it normally or with the .bat file.. it says that there's no module named kivy when i import it.. please help im just frustrated after writing a long code and seeing that it isn't working.. if anyone has suggestions on how to develop android 2d games with python their reply would be greatly appreciated. thank you

This is a Python newsgroup. You might find an answer here, but I think
you'd have much better luck if you found a kivy specific newsgroup.

Good luck,

Gary Herron

Nick Cash

Is kivy listed in the Python search paths (sys.path)?

To be extra sure, you can start a python interpreter with the commandline argument -vv, and when you try to import kivy (or any module) it will show you every file/path it checks when trying to find it. This might help you narrow down where the problem lies.

-Nick Cash

bharath

To be extra sure, you can start a python interpreter with the commandlineargument -vv, and when you try to import kivy (or any module) it will showyou every file/path it checks when trying to find it. This might help you narrow down where the problem lies.

-Nick Cash

thanks nick that helped. i actually cant express this feeling of gratitude... thank you very much.this is a wonderful group..

Rustom Mody

please help im just frustrated after writing a long code and seeing that it isn't working..

Prior to Kernighan and Ritchie people did tend to write 'a long code'
and then check that its working (or not). After 'The C programming
language' -- which is about 40 years -- starting any programming
enterprise without writing AND CHECKING the equivalent of "Hello
World" is just never done.

IOW you underestimate how many niggling details both of the system and
of your understanding are checked by that approach

Dave Angel

Rustom Mody said:
Prior to Kernighan and Ritchie people did tend to write 'a long code'
and then check that its working (or not). After 'The C programming
language' -- which is about 40 years -- starting any programming
enterprise without writing AND CHECKING the equivalent of "Hello
World" is just never done.

IOW you underestimate how many niggling details both of the system and
of your understanding are checked by that approach

I recall vividly when turnaround for the cross-assembler (remotely
located) was typically close to 2 days. One of the projects I
did was to write an assembler that built our code locally. And
once the hardware existed, I ported the assembler to run on the
target directly. Cut typical module assembly time to less than 5
minutes. 1973-1975