Event ID: 10016
Date: 10/17/2006
Time: 10:34:29 AM
User: [machinename]\ASPNET
Computer: [machinename]
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{46DCBD35-4594-496F-91B7-CAA5F3B9C87B}
to the user [machinename]\ASPNET SID
(S-1-5-21-1417001333-1078145449-839522115-1008). This security permission
can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

<end of error>

The COM server is never started. I wrote a C# application that creates the
same object in the same way, and it works correctly. If I recompile IFoo so
that it doesn't create IBar, then the Web Form can create it successfully.

I'm new to ASP.NET, but the information I've been able to find online seems
to indicate that this is possible. Problems people have had have stemmed
from the COM server trying to display message boxes or dialogs, or
permissions issues with the ASPNET account. My server isn't trying to
display any UI, except for an icon in the system tray. I've given the
ASPNET user Launch and Access permissions on the COM server in DCOMCNFG.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to do this from a Web Form (as
opposed to a Web Service, which seems to be how most people attempt to do
it)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David St. Hilaire