LINQ intellisense only partially working

BillK

I have a web application that I converted from ASP.NET 2.0 to ASP.NET 3.5 in
Visusal Studio 2008.

At first, LINQ coding wouldn't work at all. So I added the necessary
references like system.linq, etc. Basically I copied exactly the references
from another ASP.NET 3.5 project created in VS2008, where the LINQ works as
advertised.

So back to my converted project. After adding the references, LINQ worked
partially. I could write stuff like:
Dim Products = From p In db.Product Select p

But when I went to bind it to a GridView, although it would bind, the
intellisense dropdown where I'm supposed to see "Skip()" and a bunch of
other methods, are NOT there. I only get the "Equals()" and other items that
result from a generic un-typed object.

What am I missing?

Bill K.