Live content !!!

abcd

I have a web portal written in asp.net and C#. Our portal is deployed at
customer places. We want to push some live content like some notifications
about our upcoming senimars or any discount offers when the portal is
browserd from the customer.

How can this be designed. It should connect to our servers to pull the info
and if any info is there just display it.

I am looking for the solutions for this....any help will be appricited...

If this is not the appropriate group then I am really sorry abt my post
here....

thanks

tdavisjr

To make things clear, using web services will allow you to publish the
data; but to get the real-time experience on the clients browser you
probably need to write some sort or Flash, Java or even WinForm
component that would be able to load in the browser.

Better yet, maybe this can be accomplished with some sort of AJAX
control. The doors are open, so you can explore these possibilities.