Philippe C. Martin

This is a basic question I'm sure but I do not know wether to use __builtin__,
global, or a static method:

I have a very large XML file that I load into dictionnaries defined in a class
located in a module that is imported in many places.

Since the loading process is very slow, I would like the file not to be loaded
on import or class instantiation, but only once (on first import or class
instantiation).

Currently I have the loading code in the class __init__.

Is there a clean way to do this (I'd like to avoid global)?

Regards,

Philippe

--
*********************
Philippe C. Martin

Thomas Guettler

Am Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:25:57 -0600 schrieb Philippe C. Martin:
This is a basic question I'm sure but I do not know wether to use __builtin__,
global, or a static method:

I have a very large XML file that I load into dictionnaries defined in a class
located in a module that is imported in many places.

Since the loading process is very slow, I would like the file not to be loaded
on import or class instantiation, but only once (on first import or class
instantiation).

Currently I have the loading code in the class __init__.

Hi,

You have this module (mymod.py)

print "First import"
xmlfile=....

If you import mymod the second time, you
won't see "First import" again. The code
without indentation gets executed only once.

You can access your file with mymod.xmlfile.

HTH,
Thomas