Logging into a separate application, then going to a specific page

Chris McCandless

Hi,

I am not sure I will be able to explain the problem I am having, but I
will do my best. I have developed an ASP.NET 1.1 application for a
client in VB. It is a program that contains stock information.

When the user clicks on a specific stock symbol (ex. 'MSFT'), the
client wants the user to be taken to Standard and Poor's Advisor
Insight application. This is a separate application that the client
does not control:

http://www.sp.advisorinsight.com/

The way that Advisor Insight works is that the user has to login, then
fill out a form to get the stock report they need. Unfortunately, this
seems to be a 2 step process:

1. Login to the Advisor Insight app.
2. Fill out the form and submit it to see the report

From within my ASP.NET application, I created a form combined with
JavaScript that automatically logs the user into the Advisor Insight
app. However, at that point the Advisor Insight program has control
and I can't figure out how to automatically fill out the form for the
user and submit it so that they can see the specific stock report they
need. Any ideas?

Chris McCandless