Login Control's "Remember me"

Amir Tohidi

Hello

The site I am working on redirects the user to a "session timed out" page
when:

- the user's session has expired AND
- the user action results in a postback to the server

I then need to redirect the user to either the Login page or the Welcome
page depending on whether the user logged in and checked the Remember Me
check box.

How can I determine whether the user checked the Remember Me check box?
Whilst the session is valid, I can use the cookie key the control generates.
However, upon session expiry, even the cookie's value seems to be reset!

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

It is probably better to add a timeout meta tag to the page with about the
same timeframe as website timeout, that automatically sends them to a
"session timed out" page, which also kills their session. If you do this,
make sure they cannot hit the back button from this page, however, or they
will try to be sneaky and go back to the form, which will not work.

If you go this route, have a link to logon page. If they have "remember me",
you can authenticate them on that page and automatically kick them out to
the default page, or similar.

If you really want a programming task, there are ways of setting up an error
handler to grab all elements on the page. Temp store them in some form of
cache (session?) and boot "remember me" users back to the page. Understand,
however, that this will require extensive programming. I would not think it
would be worth it in most instances.