"Remember Me" on Login form not working

adam.dmsk

Hello,

I have Login.aspx page with Login control. I found that "Remember me"
checkbox does not work.

I found that probably this is not matter of timeout attribute in
web.config, becouse when I check checkbox, login properly, close
browser and immediatelly open new browser, page shows login form
again.

My browser is configured correctly.

I have some custom code in Login1_LoggingIn event, which switches
between DestinationPageUrl, depending on which role is user assigned.
However when I turn this code off, the problem stays.

Please help me, I already have spent two days over this issue...
Sincerly,
Adam

gojowy

Hi Munna,

I am using IE 7 and Firefox 2.0. I checked the security settings and
set privacy level to low, but it didn't work.
I believe that my browser is OK, becouse a cookie file is created on
disk after loging into web page.

Have you any other ideas?

Lukasz

adam.dmsk

Hi Munna,

I use IE 7 and Firefox 2.0. I set privacy level to low, but it didn't
help. I believe that my browsers are OK, becouse each time I login
into web page, a cookie file is created.

Have you got any other ideas?

Adam

Nanda Lella[MSFT]

You did not mention what type of authentication you are using.
So I assume you are using Forms authentication.

If, so how did you configure your web.config?
For the "Remember Me" (persistent setting) to work you have to add a
timeout to your authentication settings in the web.config.

Look at my blog post http://ctrlf5.net/?p=29 here for more information.

Hope this helps.
--

Thank You,
Nanda Lella,

This Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Nanda Lella[MSFT]

Hi Lukasz,
look at my previous answer. let me know if it helped at all..

Here are the contents of previous answer..