long loading symbols / asp.net

wojtowicz.maciej

Hello,

We have asp.net application: .net / 200 000 loc and about 200 000 loc
in orbital projects (referenced to website as projects (not as
dlls)).

Compiling application time is "normal". Full recompile lasts about 40
minutes but when we make changes in particular projects or website
it's not so painfull.

One thing is specially painfull:
1. I fire up website (application run in browser)
2. I do any change in app_code
3. Any postback
4. When I look into build window I see all symbols are loaded. Symbols
are loaded one per dynamic dll. Dynamic dlls is one for folder in
website. Our Website has about 100 (sub)folders. Loading symbols for
one dll lasts about 3 seconds. It's easy to calculate: 100 x 3 = 300
seconds = 5 minutes - that's time we have to wait after any change in
AppCode.

I have one additional question:
I thought that if we convert website to web application situation will
go better.
I have done it.
When i compile application one dll rises.
But when the application is running I observe the same situation:
symbols are loaded one per directory so it doesn't have any relation
with one dll for web application project.
Probably I mix concepts...

Have you similiar problems?
or
Can someone clear how symbols work? (I try to adjust symbol server but
it seems to ignore it)

Thaks for help and excuse my english;)

Maciek