looking for an asp.net 2.0 TAB CONTROL

Patrick.O.Ige

Looking for a TAB control asp.net 2.o that i can map a sitemap datasource
too and
also use security trimming based on active directory GROUPS.
I know can use the menu control and the treeview controls with a sitemap
datasource and securty trimming.
Thanks in advance.

PJ on Development

Hi, Patrick

I'm sorry but I don't think I undestood you correctly.

Can you clarify what you mean by "Security Trimming"?

And by using a "sitemap datasource" you mean that the tabs should
present the name of the top level entries of the site map?

Regards,

Paulo Santos
http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com

rote

ok PJ let me explain.
Lets say i have a treeview control i can map it to a site map like below
and use ROLES
those roles are Active Directory groups like below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" >

<siteMapNode url="default.aspx" title="Home">
<siteMapNode url="app.aspx" title="Approver Expenses"
roles="Information Technology,CallCentre" />
<siteMapNode url="aud.aspx" title="Audit Page" roles="Information
Technology" />
<siteMapNode url="admin.aspx" title="Admin Manager"
roles="HeadOffice" />
</siteMapNode>

</siteMap>

To use enable security trimming i can enable it like so below(which uses my
web.sitemap file above):-

<siteMap defaultProvider="XmlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
<providers>
<add name="XmlSiteMapProvider"
description="Default SiteMap provider."
type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider "
siteMapFile="Web.sitemap"
securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
</providers>
</siteMap>

So if someone logs in and he is in HEAD OFFICE roles he/she would get to
see the Admin Manager page above .
This sceario is definitely in a windows auth scenario.
And also need a connection to active directory and also using the the
defaultProvider="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider"

So what i was asking is.
Is there a TAB control available that i can use instead of TreeView control.
Hope that helps
Patrick