Looking for contract developer(s) - where can I find them?

rscottco

Hi,

I've just sent a job listing to python.org, but am also trying to
proactively find python developers through other means.

python.org and guru.com notwithstanding, most job-sites to seem only
support people/organizations looking for full/part-time employment or
with full-time/part-time positions instead of work-for-hire. I require
the latter, and in the very near future (days). I'm not looking for an
employee as I cannot guarantee long-term work, though much of what is
available is fairly consistent (on the board is a 4-week job, followed
by another 6-week one).

If anyone has ideas where I might find talented individuals and small
companies offering (reasonably-priced i.e. not $125/hr like a local
firm charges) python services, I'd be most appreciative.

We are developing and extending a couple of projects previously
developed for clients and replacing a 5-year-old Zope site, all with
django, PostgreSQL etc. The work is immediately available for an
experienced, self-motivated python web-application programmer.

For those on this list that might be interested, I'm looking for self-
motivated developers with excellent python skills and if possible
experience with django (along with CVS/Subversion, PostgreSQL, SSH, vi/
emacs and other open-source projects & tools). Zope experience would
be handy too as one job is to replace an old site with a spanky-new
django one.

Good communication and organizational skills are important.
Documentation & commenting are also very important along with the
ability to work alone and with others. Meeting deadlines, consistent
development pace and accurate reporting are also key. Finally, having
a sense of humor is valuable... as you might find yourself being
called Bruce (especially if your name is Ryan, Shawn or Mike... as the
other guys workin' for me already have those names. Then again if your
name is really Bruce... :cool:

I'd prefer someone from Western Canada (the other half of the country
would be okay too, I guess), but if necessary will consider talented
individuals from North America. Due to time-zone and possible language/
communication issues, off-shore developers are not attractive
_at_this_time_ (sorry).

Please submit a resume or other description of qualifications along
with availability, desired rate and examples of work (i.e. URLs of
projects and what you did on them and/or sample code showing _typical_
style of work).

Scott