Looking for contract developer(s) - where can I find them?

Scott SA

Hi,

I've just sent a job listing to python.org and posted this message on
comp.lang.python, but am also trying to proactively find python developers
through other means.

python.org and guru.com notwithstanding, most job-sites to seem only support
people/organizations looking for full/part-time employment or with
full-time/part-time positions instead of work-for-hire. I require the latter,
and in the very near future (days). I'm not looking for an employee as I cannot
guarantee long-term work, though much of what is available is fairly consistent
(on the board is a 4-week job, followed by another 6-week one).

If anyone has ideas where I might find talented individuals and small companies
offering (reasonably-priced i.e. not $125/hr like a local firm charges) python
services, I'd be most appreciative.

We are developing and extending a couple of projects previously developed for
clients and replacing a 5-year-old Zope site, all with django, PostgreSQL etc.
The work is immediately available for an experienced, self-motivated python
web-application programmer.

For those on this list that might be interested, I'm looking for self-motivated
developers with excellent python skills and if possible experience with django
(along with CVS/Subversion, PostgreSQL, SSH, vi/emacs and other open-source
projects & tools). Zope experience would be handy too as one job is to replace
an old site with a spanky-new django one.

Good communication and organizational skills are important. Documentation &
commenting are also very important along with the ability to work alone and
with others. Meeting deadlines, consistent development pace and accurate
reporting are also key. Finally, having a sense of humor is valuable... as you
might find yourself being called Bruce (especially if your name is Ryan, Shawn
or Mike... as the other guys workin' for me already have those names. Then
again if your name is really Bruce... :cool:

I'd prefer someone from Western Canada (the other half of the country would be
okay too, I guess), but if necessary will consider talented individuals from
North America. Due to time-zone and possible language/communication issues,
off-shore developers are not attractive _at_this_time_ (sorry).

Please submit a resume or other description of qualifications along with
availability, desired rate and examples of work (i.e. URLs of projects and what
you did on them and/or sample code showing _typical_ style of work).

Thanks for any assitance, greatly appreciated.

Scott

rscottco

I've just sent a job listing to python.org and posted this message on
comp.lang.python,

Interesting, so (e-mail address removed) and comp.lang.python are
_related_. I guess that means I'm the new guy on the block. Well I
guess this joke is on me this time ... LOL!

Sorry for the double-post, I'll do my best to make it the last one.

Cheers,

Scott

John J. Lee

Interesting, so (e-mail address removed) and comp.lang.python are
_related_. I guess that means I'm the new guy on the block. Well I
guess this joke is on me this time ... LOL!

Yes, there's a bidirectional gateway between the two -- post to one
and it shows up on the other.

John