Making C better (by borrowing from C++)

Chris Hills

David Laudedale said:
It's true that the constant sniping attacks from the liberal MSM have
had some effect on his personal popularity

Sorry... It is not just "the liberals" it's most of the world.
Including a lot of very right wing groups.
. However, if you asked "How many Americans support our troops?" then I
think the answer would be a *lot* higher than 25%.

In the UK 95% support the troops but only 25% support the government.
Some people can see the difference.

Richard

Chris Hills said:
Sorry... It is not just "the liberals" it's most of the
world. Including a lot of very right wing groups.

In the UK 95% support the troops but only 25% support the government.
Some people can see the difference.

I think here "support" is a euphemism for "feel sorry for". I
don't. When you join the army voluntarily you know you are now the
vassal of the ruling government. I do not support British troops in
Iraq. I wish, for their sakes, they were out of there. I feel sorry for
them being there. I wish there were no more murders or maiming. But I do
not "support" them in their job.

Default User

David said:
I owe an apology to no one.
Incorrect.

James Kuyper was the one who introduced a
deliberately offensive and provocative political diatribe into a
technical newsgroup

Which you could have ignored. The world would not have come to an end.
- as a patriotic American, my duty was to expose
the lies and try to convince the world that not all Americans hate
our country and have contempt for our troops.

So those who don't are not patriotic?

The discussion was inappropriate for this newsgroup. Period. You could
have stated that, said you disagree, and invited the person to debate
where it is topical.

Again, you owe an apology.

Brian

Kenny McCormack

David Laudedale said:
It's true that the constant sniping attacks from the liberal MSM have
had some effect on his personal popularity. However, if you asked "How
many Americans support our troops?" then I think the answer would be a
*lot* higher than 25%.

The whole concept of "Do you support the troups?" is BushCo spin. It is
a calculated effort to take people's eye off the ball.

To put it another way, the only correct response to "Do you support the
troups?" is "I pay taxes, don't I?"

Kelsey Bjarnason

[snips]

You can't use gcc as a back end for your proprietary language,
mainly because it is too slow

So you don't do this because gcc is too slow, but...
because of its sheer complexity. Lcc-win code is 80% of the
speed of gcc

.... if gcc is too slow to warrant this usage, then lcc-win, which is
slower still, would be an even less appealing choice.

Er, is this supposed to be a selling point for lcc-win?

David Thompson

<snip> But operators are overloaded routinely within C.
Even the humble + operator has many meanings; <snip>
And don't get me started on * ! :)

'star'ted on? <G!>

David Thompson

He's talking nonsense. Of course VC's editor can search upwards. What's
more, it takes just a single keypress to jump to a declaration (and
another to pop back to where you came from), <snip>

.... if the relevant files are compilable (and you remember to tick
'build browse info' which the stupid 'wizard' never does for me);
or they _have been_ (compilable and) compiled (ditto) and have not
since then been changed in ways that throw off the line numbering.

Or, given a sane source tree organization and for an identifier that
is unique or at least rare, you can use 'Find in Files' over an
appropriate part of the file tree, and go through the resulting
matches forward, backward, or randomly, as you like.