Mapping XMLBeans with Dozer

mattj.morrison

I'm currently working on a project where I will be loading thousands
of xml files into a database. I've decided to use a combination of
XMLBeans, Dozer and Ibatis. I'm having trouble finding any good
documentation on using XMLBeans with Dozer and was wondering if anyone
would be able to assist me get started. What I'm looking at right now
is an XMLBean that will be generated will be fairly complex...it will
have a lot of levels which will in turn equate to many nested
objects. The trouble I'm having is when it comes to taking a very
nested model and mapping it to a more "flattened" model. for example:
if I have an object which contains an array of another object and the
latter object contains an attribute which i wish to map into an array
in a pojo...how would i do that? It seems to me like I may have to
use the iterate option to cycle through the array of objects to
retrieve each attribute that i wish to map.

This is the first time I've used XMLBeans or Dozer and I've got a
fairly aggressive deadline. I'm trying to the best of my ability to
grasp these concepts and quickly and clearly as I can, but I fear that
I may be missing a much easier way to do things.

Any examples and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton!
-Matt