Master Pages and Design View in Visual Studio 2008

Nathan Sokalski

Whenever I try to use Design or Split view in Visual Studio 2008 I recieve
the following error:

Master Page error
The page has one or more <asp:Content> controls that do not correspond with
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder> controls in the Master Page.
Correct the problem in Code View:
cphContentArea

I am recieving this error in all of my Web Applications, even though they
have extremely simple Master and Content pages (which worked in Visual
Studio 2005 before I migrated to Visual Studio 2008). What is the problem
here? Thanks.

Gregory A. Beamer

Check the master page for an <asp:ContentPlaceHolder> with an ID to match
the <asp:Content> tag in the page. I am not sure why they are not working
now, but this is the first troubleshooting tip. Next, make sure the proper
master is being used by the pages. This will be in the @Page tag.

Nathan Sokalski

I have checked all of these things, and they are all correct. Also, the
<asp:Content> tags were automatically placed in the content pages by Visual
Studio 2008 when the Page was created (yes, I know that somebody could
accidentily change the code). Any other ideas?