Membership.GetUser returns 'nothing' in Login.LoggedIn event

Guest

I need to get at the ProviderUserKey of the logged in user. I would have
thought that I could do something like:
Dim u As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser
Dim ProvKey as Guid = CType(u.ProviderUserKey, Guid)
in the LoggedIn event handler.
But the Membership.GetUser returns "Nothing"
For me this would be the ideal place because I need to use the
ProviderUserKey to look up some additional info in a different database. If
this cannot be done, where else can I do it? It would not be too efficient
to do it in the Page_Load of every page.
Jav

Guest

Jav,
Did you get an answer? I'm having the same problem that I can Login in the
login.aspx but can't read the user logged in the the second page.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dgk

Jav,
Did you get an answer? I'm having the same problem that I can Login in the
login.aspx but can't read the user logged in the the second page.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I ran into this problem also. I ended up moving that code to the
"starting" page for the app and redirecting folks after checking out
the profiles.