[Meta-ANN] Preview of Magic Announcements

drnicwilliams

ANN = Announcement
Meta-ANN = Announcement about Annoucements [1]

Lots and lots of people are producing wonderful javascript
packages/libraries. If that's you,
you might want to use the brand new Magic Announcements on your home
page.

http://drnicwilliams.com/2006/08/20/preview-magic-announcements/

Note: Magic Announcements are also useful for general site
announcements. They rock.

Note2: Will be open source and available soon.

Cheers
Nic

[1] Technically, "Meta" means "description of", so Meta-ANN would be
"description of announcements"; but as an announcement is a sort of
description, I'm ok with "announcement about announcements".

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

drnicwilliams said:
Lots and lots of people are producing wonderful javascript
packages/libraries.

.... but they are hard to find among the horde of pretty crappy scripts
also being made out there :)
[1] Technically, "Meta" means "description of",

Nope, it doesn't. It means "about" (and many other things, but it seems
like this is the meaning you are using)>
See, e.g., <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta>

/L

drnicwilliams

I still miss all the original JS libraries that changed the colours of
every letter. And the click that followed the cursor! :)
... but they are hard to find among the horde of pretty crappy scripts
also being made out there :)
[1] Technically, "Meta" means "description of",

Nope, it doesn't. It means "about" (and many other things, but it seems
like this is the meaning you are using)>
See, e.g., <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta>

I'll go with that.

Cheers
Nic