Midlet Manager doesn't load my app

Lextar

I use the intent Java MIDlet Manager (Runtime JTWI 1.0: v10.1.7.658
(Build 20051014)) as it is installed on the T-Mobile MDA Vario (German
version). This device uses Windows Mobile 5.

When I try to load our midlet (which works on about every other device
I tried it on like cellphones and pocket pc 2003 devices) the following
happens:

The Midlet Manager asks me if I wanted to install the midlet. I click
"yes". Then it downloads the midlet. After the download it says:
"Ungültiges Java-Archiv (jar)" or - translated - "Invalid Java archive
(jar)".

Is there a log file to see what is causing this problem? I tried
everything I could imagine - like simplifying the MANIFEST file - but I
really ran out of ideas.

Thanks for your help!

Darryl L. Pierce

Lextar said:
I use the intent Java MIDlet Manager (Runtime JTWI 1.0: v10.1.7.658
(Build 20051014)) as it is installed on the T-Mobile MDA Vario (German
version). This device uses Windows Mobile 5.

When I try to load our midlet (which works on about every other device
I tried it on like cellphones and pocket pc 2003 devices) the following
happens:

The Midlet Manager asks me if I wanted to install the midlet. I click
"yes". Then it downloads the midlet. After the download it says:
"Ungültiges Java-Archiv (jar)" or - translated - "Invalid Java archive
(jar)".

Is there a log file to see what is causing this problem? I tried
everything I could imagine - like simplifying the MANIFEST file - but I
really ran out of ideas.

Do all of the required fields in the manifest and JAD file match
*exactly*? Also, are you by any chance trying to load a CLDC 1.1 app or
MIDP 2.0 app onto a CLDC 1.0 or MIDP 1.0 device?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

*** ***