ModalWindow not firing Page_Load.. please help

Shady Azzam

I have an aspx page that calls a modal dialog which loads another aspx page,
using javascript:
self.showModalDialog(\\target.aspx);

The first time i open the modal dialog, target.aspx's Page_Load runs fine.
But if I close the window and try and reopen it, the Page_Load is not
called, and a cached version
of the page is displayed. Only after i've closed and reopened the browser,
browsed to the original page and called the modal window does target.aspx's
Page_Load run again.

Why is this happening and what can i do to ensure Page_Load is always fired?

Any help is very appreciated,
Shady

Shuvro Mazumder [MSFT]

This is not a permanent solution because it involves client change, but have
you tried opening IE Tools -> Internet Options -> Settings and selecting
"Every visit to the page" and see if the problem repros.

--
- Shuvro
SDE, MSFT

Wade

I actually prefer to turn page output caching off in the ASPX page ...
something like this:

<%@ OutputCache Duration="1" VaryByParam="*"%>

Not sure if this is the very best way to do it, but it seems to work well --
better than telling 100's of users to change their Internet Options.

Wade