Modelsim-viewing signals within a component

Neha

Hi

In Modelsim, is there any way to view signals internal to a component
instance?
I'm using Modelsim SE-64 PLUS 6.2f
Please tell me the command if there's one.

Also, i'd be grateful if somebody would tell me the command to view
the state machine diagram

Thanks and regards,
Neha

HT-Lab

Mike Treseler said:
I can view state variable waveforms in simulation
but there are no circles and arrows diagrams in modelsim.
I use the quartus state viewer for this.

He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which has
a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
diagram.

I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
(added in 6.3),

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Neha

He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which has
a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
diagram.

I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
(added in 6.3),

Hanswww.ht-lab.com

Got that Diagram. Thanx:)

....(I'm not a 'He')

Mike Treseler

HT-Lab said:
To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
diagram.

That's useful.
Thanks for the tip.

-- Mike Treseler