Modules for a Network TurnBaseGames

AH

Hello all,

I'm thinking about creating a Network Turn-Base-Game for myself and
some friends, who like to play stratigic war games that need thinking
and not action.

I want to do it in perl, on my personal server and am looking for a
base to start on.

Does any body have an idea where to start?

Dr.Ruud

AH schreef:
I'm thinking about creating a Network Turn-Base-Game for myself and
some friends, who like to play stratigic war games that need thinking
and not action.

I want to do it in perl, on my personal server and am looking for a
base to start on.

Does any body have an idea where to start?

Have you read the Posting Guidelines?
Have you visited http://search.cpan.org/ and searched around?
Maybe you also like POE.

AH

I'm not sure i follow u, but am i not following the guide lines?

Also, searched the web and tested a few optoins and as of know, didn't
find a suitable solution.

1

1usa

AH said:
I'm not sure i follow u, but am i not following the guide lines?

For one thing, you are not quoting any context. I am glad you don't
follow the evil emperor u.
Also, searched the web and tested a few optoins and as of know, didn't
find a suitable solution.

Searched the web for what? What is a 'TurnBaseGames'?

Please do read the posting guidelines for this group.

Sinan

David Squire

AH said:
I'm not sure i follow u, but am i not following the guide lines?

You certainly are not. For a start, to whom are you replying here? Where
is the quote from the previous post to give context?

This is a Usenet newsgroup, not a web-based bulletin board (no matter
what impression the Google groups interface might have given you). Many
(most?) readers are using newsreader software, and see one post at a time.

DS

Dr.Ruud

AH schreef:
I'm not sure i follow u, but am i not following the guide lines?

Also, searched the web and tested a few optoins and as of know, didn't
find a suitable solution.

You didn't mention what you had already tried. Now you are not using an
"effective followup style", like you are not quoting the relevant part
of the posting that you followup on. Using googlegroups is not an excuse
for not doing that.

So no, I don't think you are following the guide lines, which are posted
frequently in this group. Look for a posting with Subject "Posting
Guidelines ...".
is from 2 days ago.
You'll also find it here:
http://www.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc/clpmisc_guidelines.html

But didn't a CPAN-search give you anything? There are a lot of games-
and network-related modules there.

AH

I guess u'r all going out of ur way to make sure that the minimum
number of pepole join the usenet. All i did was ask a simple question
and ur all giving me the 3rd degree.

What did u exepct? For me to give a five page brief on what i found???
If i ask a question, it's probebly due to the fact that I DIDN'T FIND
what i'm looking for!

So, if any one is still intersted in helping me - I'm looking to
create an online war turn-base-game, based on perl. Have any pointers
for me?

Tad McClellan

AH said:
I guess u'r all going out of ur way to make sure that the minimum
number of pepole join the usenet.

I guess we prefer quality over quantity.

So, if any one is still intersted in helping me -

I think your followups have done a pretty thorough job of pushing
the probablility of that very close to zero.

Have any pointers
for me?

Anarchists might prefer

alt.perl