More than 1 website in IIS

Beffmans

Hi

I want to define more than one website in IIS is this possible? So in
other words I want to define more than one localhosts

ch B

Amedee Van Gasse

Beffmans shared this with us in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet:
Hi

I want to define more than one website in IIS is this possible? So in
other words I want to define more than one localhosts

ch B

Yes this is possible.

Either use different port numbers (default is 80), or use host header
names.

With the first you have:
http://servername:80/
http://servername:81/
http://servername:82/
This is easiest to configure, but please don't use this for a public
website. It breaks stuff. If you don't know why, don't use it.

The second:
http://servername1/
http://servername2/
http://servername3/
A bit more work (you also need to configure dns) but a lot more
flexible.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.5.7
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html