more than one login at a time from the same machine

Balaji

Is it possible to allow users to do more than one instance of the web
application with different logins. our application uses session
extensively, which meens effectively the users should get different
sessions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V.Balaji

Nicole Calinoiu

If the user opens your application from independently launched browser
instances, the instances should not share a session since the browser
instances won't be sharing their session cookies.

Balaji

Thanks Calinoiu

I do agree with you, but we are launching the application from a base
page where there is a link and we open the application in a popup when
the user clicks the link. What do we do in this case.

Regards,
V.Balaji

Nicole Calinoiu

If the application is opened from the same browser instance, the cookies
will be shared, so the sessions will be shared.

Balaji

Thanks Calinoiu

I knew about the problem what you are trying to explain, i need a way out.

Regards,
V.Balaji

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

The way out is to instruct your users to start a new browser instance.

Damien

Balaji said:
Thanks Calinoiu

I knew about the problem what you are trying to explain, i need a way out.

Regards,
V.Balaji
Cookieless sessions!

If the page you are launching from is within the web application (and
so already has a session id in the url) then launching the new page
with an absolute URL (e.g.
http://your.domain.tld/Application/Page.aspx) should, I believe,
generate a new session id.

If the page you're launching from isn't within the web application,
then relative URLs should work as well.

Damien

Nicole Calinoiu

If cookieless sessions aren't an option, there are a few other possible
approaches:

1. Use different host names (e.g.: machine name and IP address) when
opening the separate instances, or
2. Use a custom session module that allows you to control how session
cookies are named, or
3. (ASP.NET 2.0 only) Create more than one instance of your application,
with each one using a different session cookie name.