Mozilla Firefox vs Windows Internet Explorer v.7.0

Paul

I have made this button as sample

http://www.tortebomboniere.com/button01.html

If I use Windows Internet Explorer, the whole area of button is clickable.
If I use Mozilla Firefox, only the link inside the area is clickable.

Why? Is it possible change the codes to make clickable the whole area using
Mozilla?
Thanks
Paul

zara

I have made this button as sample

http://www.tortebomboniere.com/button01.html

If I use Windows Internet Explorer, the whole area of button is clickable.
If I use Mozilla Firefox, only the link inside the area is clickable.

Why? Is it possible change the codes to make clickable the whole area using
Mozilla?
Thanks
Paul

That's not a button, it's a table. You *could* anchor the entire
table, but that wouldn't be correct (works in my browser, but would
probably break many others). That means placing <a href> and </a>
outside the table.

You really should use CSS instead. Just Google out "css buttons" and
you'll have all the info you need.

Jonathan N. Little

zara said:
That's not a button, it's a table. You *could* anchor the entire
table, but that wouldn't be correct (works in my browser, but would
probably break many others). That means placing <a href> and </a>
outside the table.

Don't even suggest such a thing that is *so* invalid.
You really should use CSS instead. Just Google out "css buttons" and
you'll have all the info you need.

Agree, very simple example

<head>

<title>Better</title>

a.buttonized {
font: large bold, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
display: block; padding: 1em; border: 3px outset #555;
text-align: center; width: 12em;
background-image: url(http://www.orefelici.com/sfondi/sfondo41.jpg);
}

</head>