MS Exchange & ASP.NET problem

Radek

Hi,

I would like to send mails using MS Exchange from ASP.NET application. Is it
possible to achieve this with CDO 1.21? Currently I'm using Redemption
(version 4.2) and I have the following problem: E-mails can only be send
when Outlook is opened on the computer where IIS is working. If Outlook is
closed, every logon method call shows dialog with username, server name and
password (although I have entered correct user profile name and password).
Is it possible to disable this dialog? How to login with no dialog? The main
problem is that I would like to login to different accounts.... How to
achieve this?

When I was trying to add reference to CDO 1.21 to my VS Express project an
error has occured. I've read on forum that it is impossible to use cdo with
ASP.NET? Is this true? If it is possible how to do it?

Rami

Radek

I would recommend using WebDav, you will not get a reliable solution using

Well, I've tried this possibility too, but the problem is that solution
doesnt't work...... When I'm preparing HttpWebResponse and calling
request.GetResponse() I've got an Exception (error 501: Not Implemented).
Maybe the problem is that I'm using Exchange 5.5? If any code examples or
ideas it would be nice.....
You can hand code the webdav calls, or use a third party product.

I used this wrapper and it save me a lot of time. It lets you send email
from exchange, read inboxes, public folders, etc.

http://www.independentsoft.de/webdavex/index.html

Thanks, I will try it.

Greg9Strat

I have to ask the question: Why not use System.Net.Mail? You can
connect to Exchange and send mails from ASP.NET pages very easily
without needing additional credentials (system credentials are
accepted).

I believe CDO is somewhat deprecated and not encouraged to be used any
longer... So going forward, if you choose to use CDO, you may find it
difficult to support or maintain...

I don't know what your requirements are, so I understand that you may
*have* to use CDO, but wasn't sure if you've considered it...

HTH,
Greg