    error has occured. I've read on forum that it is impossible to use cdo with
    ASP.NET? Is this true? If it is possible how to do it?

    Rami

    Radek, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Radek

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Feb 8, 2007

  3. Radek

    bill Guest

    I would recommend using WebDav, you will not get a reliable solution using
    CDO.

    You can hand code the webdav calls, or use a third party product.

    I used this wrapper and it save me a lot of time. It lets you send email
    from exchange, read inboxes, public folders, etc.

    http://www.independentsoft.de/webdavex/index.html

    bill, Feb 8, 2007
  4. Radek

    Radek Guest

    I would recommend using WebDav, you will not get a reliable solution using
    Well, I've tried this possibility too, but the problem is that solution
    doesnt't work...... When I'm preparing HttpWebResponse and calling
    request.GetResponse() I've got an Exception (error 501: Not Implemented).
    Maybe the problem is that I'm using Exchange 5.5? If any code examples or
    ideas it would be nice.....
    Thanks, I will try it.

    Radek, Feb 9, 2007
  5. Radek

    Greg9Strat Guest

    I have to ask the question: Why not use System.Net.Mail? You can
    connect to Exchange and send mails from ASP.NET pages very easily
    without needing additional credentials (system credentials are
    accepted).

    I believe CDO is somewhat deprecated and not encouraged to be used any
    longer... So going forward, if you choose to use CDO, you may find it
    difficult to support or maintain...

    I don't know what your requirements are, so I understand that you may
    *have* to use CDO, but wasn't sure if you've considered it...

    HTH,
    Greg

    Greg9Strat, Feb 11, 2007