My Custom Control and DataGrid Designer error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Gabriel, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Gabriel

    Gabriel Guest

    I'm developing a custom webcontrol. In it I override its Render
    method. I've developed a class designer for it too. My control works
    fine in the VS.NET webform designer but I'm getting a problem when I
    want to use my control inside a template column in, for example, a
    DataGrid control. The DataGrid designer shows the following message:

    "There was an error rendering the control. Check to make sure all
    properties are valid"

    If a disable my class designer the error occurs too.
    I've seem that most of built-in webcontrols in the .net framework
    override the AddAttributesToRender method instead of the Render
    method.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Gabriel

    Gabriel, Feb 14, 2005