Navigation menu question

Steve

Hi,

I have a couple of newbie questions concerning menus.

Question #1
I'm trying to build a vertical navigation menu in ASP.NET 2.0. I want the
main menu to appear as a list of items, with some containing submenus, like
this:

About
Services ->
Products ->
Contact

When I create the web.sitemap file, it only allows a single siteMapNode
object under the siteMap object. All other siteMapNode objects are child
objects of the first one. As a result, I get a single root object, with
everything else displayed to the right as a child menu:

Home -> About
Services ->
Products ->
Contact

This is what I would expect, given the structure of the web.sitemap file,
but it is not what I want. I have the orientation set to Vertical.

Am I missing something really obvious here? Do I have to create multiple
Menus to do this?

Question #2:
I used autoformat to select a style for the menu, but it is only applied to
the root node. The child nodes do not show backgrounds or borders. Where can
I set this?

Thanks,

Steve

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Answer #1:
You can set up more than one static level in properties. The default is one.
After you do that, it will look like you desire.

Answer #2:
It applies to static only. As soon as you solve the problem in question 1,
you will have all static nodes with the styling.

To apply the same styling to other nodes, you will have to set dynamic
styles to the same CSS values as the static. You can also use others, if you
want a slightly different look for dynamic.