Need help for COM working from .NET Web app, but not working from .NET EXE app

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JeffQ888, May 23, 2006.

  1. JeffQ888

    JeffQ888 Guest

    Hi,

    I am currenly buliding a .NET app based on a third party software.
    Since the third party software was implemented using COM technology, I
    am using .NET TlbImp utility to wrapper
    COM dlls, then I can use them in my .NET application. However, those
    new .NET dlls (after wrapping) can only work correctly from a Web app
    (ASP.NET or Web Service), and it will not work correctly from .NET exe
    app (Windows Form app or Window Service app). The error message is
    "mscorlib Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.". I
    am guessing those old COM dlls relying on a web environment, but just
    can't figure it out how to solve it. It will be appreciated if anybody
    can help me.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    JeffQ888, May 23, 2006