need help: SecurityException: signer information does not match..

Piper707

Hi,

Our application uses a set of java classes as part of a bigger VC
framework. Currently the classes exist in an exploded directory
structure. We have zipped this into a single jar and are trying to make
it run.

We get this error:

java.lang.SecurityException: class "<pathname.myfile>"'s signer
information does not match signer information of other classes in the
same package

1) What does this error mean?

2) I'm not clear on how signing works - can someone plz point me to
some URLs that explain this process? when it happens, why it happens?

3) Any tips on how I can go about fixing this problem.

I read some answers to a similar query in the past: someone suggested
either moving the file or signing them ourselves. Can anyone elaborate
on this? move files to where? How can I go about signing files myself?

Thank you,
Rohit.